- Full time
- Nwoya District
- Negotiable based on qualifications and experience
- Starting Date:
As soon as possible
Amatheon Agri Uganda (AAU) is part of Amatheon Agri Holdings, a European agribusiness developing sustainable projects in Sub-Saharan Africa. AAU was founded in 2013 to establish large-scale commercial farming operations in Nwoya District, north-western Uganda. Since then, it has developed more than 3,000 hectares for rain-fed cropping activities.
AAU is seeking a highly motivated, dynamic individual to take up the running of the company Workshop.
Amongst others, the person will support the planning, and management of the the workshop with its personnel and making sure that plant facilities and equipment are always in good order and condition including:
- Responsible for the implementation of the machinery’s and plant’s existing maintenance program
- Working in collaboration with the operating staff to make sure that the machinery/plant is safe and operates at peak conditions every time
- Training of workshop mechanics and tractor operators with better skills
- Charged with implementing the plant’s overall preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
- Responsible for keeping records of equipment failures and liaising with suppliers for new ones
- Providing the list of tasks and schedules for the workshop’s personnel during normal operating hours and scheduled maintenances
- Custody of all machinery maintenance manuals and ensuring the safety manual is up to date
- Responsible for identifying what machinery/ plant parts are in need of additional work and necessary improvement
- Taking steps to maintain the morale and motivate maintenance/ workshop personnel
- Assisting in hiring of maintenance personnel, including locating and screening of candidates
- Managing the servicing and running of all plant and equipment on all satellite farms
- In-charge of coordinating all plant and equipment on the company farms
- Periodically appraising the performance of all workshop personnel
- Responsible for the day to day safe and efficient running of the mechanical workshop
- Ensuring the workshop team adheres to occupational health and safety standards by using PPEs etc.
- Managing workshop stock levels
Required Skills and Experiences
- At least a Diploma in Agricultural Engineering or its equivalent
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Agricultural Engineering or its equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a large workshop preferably agricultural workshop
- Experience working with agricultural machinery like John Deere tractors, sprayers, Claas combine harvesters etc.
- Evidence of workshop operations management and administration skills
- Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Computer literacy skills in Ms word, Ms Excel, and Internet
- Intercultural competence a must
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the requirements of the above position should send a cover letter and resume only including address, daytime telephone contact and three referees to Career.AAU@amatheon-agri.com
Deadline: Tuesday 27th March 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Properly formatted PDF or Word documents are preferred